Donor Relations Officer
Pathways DC is looking for an exceptional development professional to expand the individual donor base of the organization in partnership with the Executive Director, Development Manager, and other members of the development team. Specifically, the Donor Relations Officer will focus on growing the base of prospective major gift donors by identifying, cultivating, stewarding and soliciting high net worth individuals, and contributing to the organization’s fundraising goals and overall vision. This is a new position for the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Cultivate and steward donors, providing an exceptional donor experience that enhances giving, attracts new investors to Pathways DC’s mission, and regularly engages donors in Pathways DC’s work and growth.
- Drive the identification of new mid-level and major gift donors as well as build strong relationships to bring them on board as regular, new supporters of Pathways DC.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, Development Manager, Board Chair, and Governance and Nominations Committee, support board recruitment efforts.
- Determine metrics, strategies and action steps needed to build a robust major donor program.
Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Develop deep relationships with champions, donors, and Board members that results in increased giving and networking.
- Internally, establish highly collaborative relationships with all team members and staff to create a culture of philanthropy.
- Maintain Bloomerang (database) records to ensure strong tracking, team communications, and follow up.
- Successfully prospect for new donors and drive ongoing development efforts.
- Lead by example with creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires the integration of new ideas and, ultimately, the strengthening of new funding streams for Pathways DC.
- Build sustainable plans to maximize giving, meet existing goals, and grow funding.
- Be comfortable closing the deal and successfully making asks.
- Serve as an ambassador of Pathways DC. Deliver compelling written and oral communications to promote the organization’s mission, model, and strategic growth plan. Convey complex ideas through brief, simple, yet striking materials.
- Quickly establish credibility when promoting Pathways DC to external audiences. Demonstrate a high degree of comfort and poise with donors, Board members, and other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Pathways DC is seeking a savvy development professional and incredible teammate to grow its major donor efforts in partnership with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Development Manager. You have strong relationship building skills and are a communications ace. You understand the value of Pathways DC’s philanthropic supporters and their role in strengthening Pathways DC’s fundraising capabilities and programs. You are a self-starter, are extremely goal-oriented, and can wisely manage your time, resources, and projects to exceed your goals. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with like-minded individuals, and you are passionate about ending chronic homelessness in Washington, DC.
More about you:
- A fundraising professional (3-5 years of experience) with experience in donor relations in a dynamic non-profit environment.
- Track record of planning and executing fundraising initiatives (including events) and managing all stages of major individual gifts including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals;
- Smart, energetic, and proactive with strong problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen organizational skills with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor (because we take our work seriously, but also have fun).
- Strong computer skills required; experience with Bloomerang or a similar database is a plus.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.